baslinux - Re: [BL] postscript network printers

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] postscript network printers
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 23:52:53 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

BL3 busybox has udhcpc, BL2 does not.

BL2 also has a DHCP client:
----
dhcp
----

How would I use EITHER of these to assign an IP address to a network printer? Or bootp (if I installed it)? udhcpc seems to want a print server which I probably don't have. Would this be a separate computer?

Regarding busybox, to get udhcpc I tried to copy BL3 busybox over to BL2 /bin, and somehow also got a copy of the BL2 symlinks in /bin (I thought they were BL3 symlinks for a while), but then had to edit rc.S to change the path and I messed things up completely so files turned into directories so I put BL3 busybox in /bin/busybox directory and I think things work now. I am chrooted from BL3 to BL2. I manually moved all the symlinks from /bin to /bin/busybox then discovered they were still BL2 not BL3 symlinks as I had thought (I need to keep notes when messing things up like this), and then tried to copy the symlinks one at a time from BL3 to BL2 but got the whole busybox file instead, and am manually making symlinks by comparing what is in each busybox. ln -s busybox udhcpc, (ftpput, etc.) I can't copy all of BL3 /bin to BL2 /bin/busybox because there are some nonbusybox programs in BL3 /bin.

Please let me know the correct way I should have done this, which I will use to make any more symlinks that are in BL3 but not BL2 busybox (which is half the size).

If there is no correct way, I will continue comparing BL3 bin with BL2 /bin/busybox and make symlinks manually.