baslinux - Re: [BL] tinkering with macs was Re: mac

  • From: "David Lane" <Jaypooh3 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <sam.acorn AT gmail.com>, <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] tinkering with macs was Re: mac
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 07:34:54 -0400

Klondike is a solitare card game.The only advantage I found to running a mac
in the old days was they were doing true SVGA color (albeit on an 12"
screen) when 16 color was the best anything else could do.And they would do
256 color on a standard (for the day) 14" monitor through an adapter.There
are some linux options for the old macs, but I think you'd have to be a
special kind of sadist to do so.But they are fun to mess with on those odd
occasions when you truly have nothing better to do.Old computers?I feel your
pain,I have a shed full.My only linux machine at the moment is an 386 AMD DX
(40 mhgtz no less) with an 80 meg HD and an old 2.4 kbps hardware modem.Just
did it to see if I could do it really,and as a learning experience.Thanx for
the blast from the past,

David Lane