baslinux - [BL] small compiler

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] small compiler
  • Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 17:04:54 +1200

Jeffrey Valcher wrote:

> Is there a compiler (where all the tools are small enough to
> fit on a floppy) that will run on bl3, bl2, or bl1?

I know of no C compiler that "runs" from a single floppy,
but it is possible to use floppies to move packages to HD
(where they are installed and run). Is that what you wanted?

Each of the required Slackware 3.4 packages is small enough
to fit on a floppy.
ftp://ftp.planetmirror.com/pub/slackware/slackware-3.4
They should work on a BL3 foundation.

> and if so, what are all the necessary tools I would need to write
> and compile C.

/slakware/d1/binutils.tgz
/slakware/d2/gmake.tgz
/slakware/d3/gcc2723.tgz
/slakware/d7/linuxinc.tgz
/slakware/d8/libc.tgz

  • [BL] small compiler, 3aoo-cvfd, 09/05/2005