baslinux - Re: [BL] ISA/PCI IRQ conflict resolved

  • From: Samual Acorn <sam.acorn AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ISA/PCI IRQ conflict resolved
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 20:58:20 -0600

use the 'synthgs' soundfont from creative labs... (that will fix the
instrument problem...email if you want me to send it)

if the card is pnp try changing the 'pnp os' option to 'off' (if you
havent already) the bios of my comp sets everything up... including
the awe32 pnp... (the agp vidcard and usb addon card... and the mobos
usb.. all share the same irq [11]... the soundcard is given irq 5
[sound] and 10 [ide].. the nic isnt pnp so it has irq 9 set as
isa/eisa in the bios...)

in my linux boxen that has a non pnp sb16 i have the irq that the sb16
is on (5) set to isa/eisa along with dma 1... (and irq 9.. for the
nonpnp nic..)

strange that the bios is setting cards up to bump into one-another...
shouldnt be doing that... PCI should be able to share IRQs and allow
the isa cards free reign...