baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:06:56 +1000

Hi David,

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 08:07:05 -0800
"David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com> wrote:

> Ron Clarke wrote:
>
> > I get the error message:
> > MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: init_audio_codec
> > MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM
> > ... it goes on the say recompile with debug, and if its mplayers
> > fault contact etc..etc..
> >
> > FWIW: AMD K6 600 MHz, 256 MB RAM, SB16 card.
> >
> > This file playes very nicely on Realplayer8 (updated to 9 with new
> > codecs).
> >
> > Any ideas ?
>
> I cannot tell you much more than what the error message says. There is
> some sort of interaction between the driver and either your CPU, FPU,
> or RAM. You might try testing the memory with memtest and/or try a
> different CPU (if available). Or perhaps a different codec would work.

This is the same crash/error mesage I got (without naming the codec) with
previous versions of MPlayer for BL. I don't get any crashes with a latest
version of MPlayer running in Slackware9.1 - on the same machine.

Its not a big problem. For rm/ram/ra etc.. I have Reaplayer.

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Clarke