baslinux - Re: [BL] loadlin with vmlinuz

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] loadlin with vmlinuz
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 04:12:28 +0000 (UTC)

Do you know why a modem that we just flashed from x2 to x2+v90,
which used to connect at 31200 with port speed 115200, now won't
connect at all with that port speed, and with 57600 sometimes
connects, but at 28800? Phoebe Micro, so it won't take the USR
command to disable X2 (S32=34).

I'm no hardware expert. You'd probably get better information
from your in-house expert (Jim?)

He is the one who flashed it, under Windows (because it looked like you needed it judging from the driverguide reviews, but I think this one would have run in DOS). Turns out Windows was not running properly because of a partition table problem, it would not even boot. PQMagic fixed this and Windows worked and we reflashed and this modem now works in linux and connects at 49333. Phoebe Micro. We have two of them. It is USR modems that need Windows to update them.

We moved the two hard drives to a different computer where linux now accesses a 4X CD-ROM perfectly. In the previous computer it refused to recognize about five drives slower than 20X (not listed in dmesg), which DOS found. This is the BL3 fb kernel, and BL3 zimage.p1 won't work with CD-ROMs on my computer either but BL2 will. Another reason to chroot.
I cannot insmod isofs.o - device or resource busy.

So perhaps that computer had some problem that was messing up the upgrade (and Windows, which kept freezing up too, but that might have been the bad partition table, however the hardware may have caused the bad table. ??).