baslinux - Re: [BL] playmidi and aumix

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] playmidi and aumix
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 15:47:27 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> Does this mean I do NOT need to insmod opl, just awe_wave?

Yes, if you only want AWE32 MIDI support instead of FM.

> Do I
> really need isapnp or do I just need to figure out the correct
> settings for the insmod awe_wave file, from what worked for other
> people.

You really need isapnp or DOS isapnp. Try insmodding opl3 before
and after isapnp and you'll see what I mean.

I'm not sure if awe_wave really needs isapnp, but opl3 sure does.

> I just acquired a PCI soundblaster Live card. If this is awe32,
> would it be easier to set up? PCI cards don't seem to require
> specifying io etc.

I don't think it is awe32. The Live card is much newer than the
awe32. It appears to want ALSA, from what I've read.

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com