baslinux - Re: [BL] bl3 X term

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] bl3 X term
  • Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 11:42:57 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ludwig Bezold" <Ludwig.Bezold AT Sun.COM>
> Andrew schrieb:
> > Good day,
> > 'startxt' gives me the standard x-cursor on grey background. How
> > do I tell it where the server is? (The network is up and running
> > OK, I can ping both ways, the intended server exports the desktop
> > to other machines).
> > TIA,
> > Andrew
>
> Edit "startx" to include "-query yourserver" to
> the Xserver startline.

I believe it's startxt that you want to edit. A different method:
1) Set up network connection
2) Run startxt on BL machine
3) Run:

DISPLAY="IP" xterm

on the machine with the xterm X client. Replace IP with the IP
address of the machine running startxt/BL, and replace xterm
with the X client that you want to run. For instance:

DISPLAY="192.168.0.2" icewm

Good luck.
David
once.