baslinux - [BL] Re: superblock locations

  • From: "Alejandro Lieber" <dos AT lieber.com.ar>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Re: superblock locations
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 20:52:23

On 2 Mar 05 at 15:29, sindi keesan wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Alejandro Lieber wrote:
>
> > Sindi:
> >
> > Yesterday night, I formated again hda2, and loaded again my BL3
> > backup from a loop.
>
> I keep my installations on at least two computers and I can copy between
> them if one goes bad.
>
> > You are right about small HD. I have a 52Mby working in my office, 9
> > hours a day for more than 12 years.
>
> > In this machine I have a 250Mby drive, 15Mby for Linux, a 6Mby swap
> > and the rest for PC-DOS.
>
> I find that our TTL monitors don't ever die, they just eventually get
> burnin. They stay crisp and bright the whole time. But we were given two
> with problems. They also use less power and are easier to read. Only
> problem is you cannot do VGA screen fonts on them (or text with more than
> 80 columnes or 24 lines) so I have both TTL and VGA on the same machine.

The only monitor I use with Linux is a 12" Samsung Yellow hercules.

> Have you needed the swap partition? I have only needed it if I
> have less than 12MB RAM (but I don't use X on computers with 12MB
> RAM). I find 32MB is plenty for everything else other than
> compiling (which used 80-90MB).

This 486DLC has 8Mbys of memory.
The swap.img is aprox. 6Mbys.
I don't use X.

When I look at the swap.img file with a DOS editor, I see that the
first megabyte of the swap is completly written.

Read net news (USENET) with Arachne: http://www.lieber.com.ar/nnews.zip
Sans Serif fonts for MS-DOS at: http://www.lieber.com.ar/novafont.zip
Configurable dialing menu for several DOS internet programs at:
http://www.lieber.com.ar/dial_ip.zip

Ing. Alejandro Lieber
Rosario Argentina

  • [BL] Re: superblock locations, Alejandro Lieber, 03/02/2005
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • [BL] Re: superblock locations, Alejandro Lieber, 03/03/2005