baslinux - [BL] Using HD BL3 with LOOP

  • From: "Alejandro Lieber" <dos AT lieber.com.ar>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Using HD BL3 with LOOP
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 22:05:27

I began using Basic Linux 3 from a loop.

After eliminating all X files and adding MC, Spanish keyboard and
MUTT, I trasferred all files to an ext2 HD partition.

But I kept the loop as a backup.
I also wanted to keep the easy way of backuping the loop to
a single file in diskettes.

To copy files from HD <---> LOOP I did the following:

1)- In the HD filesystem I added the /loop subdirectory.

-----------
mkdir /loop
-----------

2)- I run the following batch file: mloop

-------------------------------------
losetup /dev/loop0 /dos/baslin/fs.img
mount /dev/loop0 /loop
--------------------------------------

Now, from the command line or MC I can access
simultaniously the HD and the LOOP.

Read net news (USENET) with Arachne: http://www.lieber.com.ar/nnews.zip
Sans Serif fonts for MS-DOS at: http://www.lieber.com.ar/novafont.zip
Configurable dialing menu for several DOS internet programs at:
http://www.lieber.com.ar/dial_ip.zip

Ing. Alejandro Lieber
Rosario Argentina

  • [BL] Using HD BL3 with LOOP, Alejandro Lieber, 02/25/2005