baslinux - Re: [BL] 360K floppy drive works in 1 of 4 computers

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 360K floppy drive works in 1 of 4 computers
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 23:16:55 +0000 (UTC)

The three drives that DO NOT work with dev/fd1d360 are definitely 360K drives. Perhaps the linux device is written to only work with newer models. I think BL is set already to work with 1.2M drives and 1.2M disks, (fd0h1200 and fd1h1200) but I don't want to use those because I have a vast collection of 360K floppy disks and the lower-capacity they are, the less likely they are to go bad. I store small files on them for years (old translations).

I was just lucky that the first one I tried did work, I guess. Will try another tan drive since the three black ones won't work with linux.

Total to date: 3 black drives and 1 tan do not work, 2 tan do work in linux. I tried unconditional format on the disk first.