baslinux - [BL] BL2 compile problems

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL2 compile problems
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:02:15 +0000 (UTC)

I can compile perfectly on one computer with BL2 (where Realaudio works, unlike elsewhere) but on the other two I cannot. One won't configure, and one configures but won't make.

All computers have glibc 2.2.5 from SW81 and also gcc 2.95.3 (I also tried egcs and 2.85.s) and gccg++ 2.95.3.

The one that works has SW81 kernel-headers and gmake and gdb.
The one that won't compile has SW71 linuxinc and make and no gdb.

When trying to configure gs 8.50 '/lib/cpp fails sanity check' and it cannot find /linux/limits.h (No such file).

I can configure SANE but not make - cannot find linux/errno.h this time.

On the working computer I could configure both programs and also compile SANE (did not try gs since I have the older source code there).

I have on my computer.
/usr/src/linux-2.2.16/include/linux/errno.h and limits.h

A fix for this for SANE was to put
CFLAGS -I /usr/src/linux-2.2.16/include
in every makefile when compiling SANE and I was told I can also put this in the environment (how? export something in profile?) but obviously I have something wrong here.

And this might not help the sanity check for /lib/cpp unless it is somehow related. I tried adding to the CFLAGS lines but that did not help.

The computer which compiles is also the only one to work with Realaudio - the others segfault. I may try compiling a kernel on that computer.

It did not help to reinstall linuxinc and make (from SW71) and gcc and gccg++ and glibc from SW81. Should I try SW81 kernel-headers and make instead? (I can always uninstall, I suppose - are there any advantages or disadvantages to them?). Maybe SW81 looks for the files in more places?

Should I reinstall egcs? I tried just putting the symlink from gcc back to it but got the same make error anyway.

Where might I have gone wrong or how can I do a global fix (to the environment, whatever that means)?

  • [BL] BL2 compile problems, sindi keesan, 01/27/2005