baslinux - Re: Modifying BL2 ramdisk to work with 'user' was Re: [BL] Kernel upgrade

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Modifying BL2 ramdisk to work with 'user' was Re: [BL] Kernel upgrade
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:56:42 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

df says ram0 has 3567K

No it doesn't. df says the filesystem
on ram0 has 3567kb used.

The filesystem itself is 4096kb.

I still don't understand why this worked three times before. Does ram1 always have less space on it than 4096K (ram0)? It had lost+found.

It looks like I will need to find SW71 cardmgr and otherwise just copy over the files in /pcmcia, and the modules for pcmcia listed in one of those files.

installpkg pcmcia.tgz
Do I need the entire package or is that where cardmgr resides (with modules)?

df said 4104 available 13 used

What exactly makes this file system expand when I do
cat > /tmp/ramdisk?

It doesn't expand. 4,104,000 is the available storage
space on the filesystem, not the actual size of the
filesystem (including overhead) 4,194,304.

It looks like this method could never work, cat /dev/ram0 > /tmp/ramdisk,
because the file system will not fit. I will use the /hd instead.

Some day this will make more sense.

When you cat /dev/ram, you get the full filesystem,
not just the current files on the filesystem.