baslinux - Re: [BL] emailSMTP vs PMAIL

  • From: cce.zizkov AT volny.cz
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] emailSMTP vs PMAIL
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 06:46:54

On 24 Jan 05 at 9:29, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Alejandro Lieber wrote:
> >
> > Some time ago, BL came with emailSMTP.
> > Does it offer smtp authentication ?
>
> I don't know. I've never used a service
> that required SMTP authenication. I thought
> pmail did SMTP authentication (but I have
> never had an opportunity to try that feature).

Last week I tried to access two Czech smtp servers with pmail
without success. On a German smtp server that required
pop3-before-smtp authentication I succeeded.

I am not sure what pmail does with the user and password fields
in .pmailrc. But on one smtp server my mail was accepted only when I
inserted user@domain to .pmailrc.

Christof Lange