baslinux - Re: [BL] Dos fonts (NovaFont) work in BasicLinux 3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: dos AT lieber.com.ar, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Dos fonts (NovaFont) work in BasicLinux 3
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:48:18 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004, Alejandro Lieber wrote:

I normally work BL3 with a TTL hercules monitor.

Yesterday I loaded it in another computer that has color VGA.

I load DOS with NovaFont in autoexec.bat, san serif fonts I wrote some
time ago.

The very interesting thing is that when I load linux with loadlin.exe,
the same fonts stay while running Linux in CLI.

That certainly is interesting and thanks for sharing the information.
I was able to use some VGA screen fonts we wrote for DOS, by loading them in linux, but did not know I could load them in DOS to use in linux.

This demostrates that BasicLinux does not erase parts of RAM when
booting.

These fonts can be downloaded from my home page:

http://www.lieber.com.ar

Try them in Linux, they look much better than the fonts that come
with the VGA cards.

Have you also looked at the fonts that come with kbd.tgz (the keyboard/font package for Slackware)? There are hundreds.

Read net news (USENET) with Arachne: http://www.lieber.com.ar/nnews.zip
Sans Serif fonts for MS-DOS at: http://www.lieber.com.ar/novafont.zip
Configurable dialing menu for several DOS internet programs at:
http://www.lieber.com.ar/dial_ip.zip