baslinux - Re: [BL] mail for DOS

  • From: cce.zizkov AT volny.cz
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] mail for DOS
  • Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 16:47:47

On 19 Dec 04 at 11:45, dos AT lieber.com.ar wrote:

> > - /root/DOSmail and /root/.pmailrc are links pointing to a directory on
> > the DOS partition where Pegasus looks for the new mail (.cnm) and where
> > it writes outgoing messages (.tbs) to.
>

> Sorry, but Pegasus Mail 3.5 outgoing messages are writen as:
>
> -------
> *.msg
> -------
>
> *.tbs is used by Arachne for DOS.

The file extension is not very important. You can change it in the
maildos script. But you need to check whether outgoing messages
.msg have the Pegasus mail specific headers or not. If yes then you
need to run pconfig.exe and create a new Pegasus mail gateway. The
same is necessary in order to make the outgoing messages compatible
for Arachne.

Unfortunately the mailing list expanding feature is related
to the Pegasus .msg format. Whereas Arachne has her own way of
expanding multiple recipients (conversion can be done by a
script), until now I have not found anything similar in pmail ;-).
So I will probably end up using my Linux gateway only for downloading
and for emergency uploads whereas Arachne will be my first choice
smtp agent even in future.

Christof

Ceskobratrska cirkev evangelicka - Betlemska kaple na Zizkove
Prokopova 4/216, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Tel. (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02 / 603 18 87 53
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov