baslinux - Re: [BL] wordprocessor for monodisplay

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] wordprocessor for monodisplay
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 07:57:46 +1300

Otto Werner wrote:

> I resorted to putting BL1 with X and icewm on my old laptop.
> BL3 and lilo did not work together.

BL3 works fine with lilo (in fact the floppy version
of BL3 uses lilo to boot). The problem is: lilo is
tricky to configure and unforgiving of mistakes.
That's why I recommend newbies use loadlin instead
of lilo.

> my wife wants an wordprocessor she is used to.
> But:486SX+8MB-Ram+740MBHD+monodisplay=abiword
> is not usable. Any other possibilities ?

Wordperfect 8 runs on BL1 (but not BL2 or BL3).
It is still available for download. It comes as
a big package with a built-in installation routine.
http://www.tldp.org/FAQ/WordPerfect-Linux-FAQ/downloadwp8.html
To get it to work, you will also need to install
some foundation packages from Slackware 3.5.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru