baslinux - [BL] BL3 add-on

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] BL3 add-on
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 21:18:43 +1200

I have just uploaded a new add-on for BL3. It's icewm, a
very nice window manager. Use pkg to install it. It will
automatically replace swm.

The next add-on will probably be Netscape 3.04 (if I can get
it to run on Xvesa).

BTW, I have spent the last week experimenting with uClibc and
have decided *not* to use it for BL3. Unfortunately, uClibc
is not completely happy with a 2.2 kernel. To use it for BL3,
I would need to upgrade the kernel to 2.4 (which I do not want
to do). So, we stick with libc5.