baslinux - Re: [BL] BasicLinux History

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BasicLinux History
  • Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 09:07:36 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 19:22:35 +1200
3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> James Miller wrote:
> >
> > I've got alot more old BL emails from around that time.
> > Should I also send them to the new list?
>
> Yes, please send any emails that contain information that might
> be of use to someone. For example, I remember there were some
> other melodies posted for beep (which are relevant again now
> that BL3 is back on libc5).

The tune "rats" was one of mine. I can put together some more if
anyone wants them.

> It would also be interesting to see the oldest email you have
> on BasicLinux. I've got nothing from the early days, and I
> can't remember exactly how far back it first started.

I have some stuff going back to Feb 2003, as BasicLinux list(s), and
probably
earlier from the SurvPC lists.

I am pretty sure that a Google for "basiclinux" would turn up all the
postings,
starting from when Adam was a lad.

Regards,
Ron