baslinux - Re: [BL] PCMCIA on BL3

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] PCMCIA on BL3
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:14:05 +1200

James Miller wrote:

> I suppose you'll post some particulars about the pruning
> you did?

Probably not. I'll be putting PCMCIA into version 3.2
so you'll be able to see for yourself.

BTW, I will be removing some NIC modules to make room for
the PCMCIA stuff (but you'll still be able to use them if
you download them from Slackware 7.1).

> And, to get things working, did you just install the
> standard Slack PCMCIA packages?

I compiled from source. That enabled me to reduce the
size by leaving out some options (like cardbus capability).

> Did you meet with the sort of missing commands problem I
> had when I set this up under BL2?

Those were probably called by one of the pcmcia scripts.
They're gone. I've stripped everything back to the bare
minimum.