baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 svgalib with VESA driver for Links2 and zgv

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 svgalib with VESA driver for Links2 and zgv
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 08:16:26 -0600 (CST)

Thanks for the info, Sindi. Could the upshot of this post be summarized
as follows?:

If you use svgalib for applications like Links2, zgv, seejpg etc, try
adding the line "chipset VESA" to your libvga.config file (found in /?/? )
for better color depth and/or higher resolution. You may need to create
this file if it's not already on your system.

Does that more or less encapsulate your main points? The "vgatest" you
mention is a DOS utility, right?

James