baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: Please tell me about BL3

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: Please tell me about BL3
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 17:05:21 +1300

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> Could you possibly compile it yourself and see if you
> can get e3pi to work without installing tail from txtutils?

I already have a working copy of e3pi. It doesn not need
tail.

> You did not include e3pi in BL1.

I never said I did. I included e3 (which uses ws keybindings).
There was no need for e3pi because the full pico was there.
Also e3 is smaller than e3pi.

> I think I tried renaming e3 to e3pi and it won't work without
> tail.

It won't give you pico keybindings no matter what. It is the
simple e3 (without the alternate keybindings).

> Do you have an e3pi that you got when you compiled and if so
> please try it out without tail, or with busybox tail in the
> right place (linked), thanks.

I've already done that (temporarily removed tail from my system)
and my e3pi worked fine.

> e3pi (the one I compiled)
> /usr/bin/tail: Not a directory
> gzip: stdin: unexpected end of file
> Cannot decompress usr/local/bin/e3pi

Sounds like your version of e3pi includes some internal
compression (perhaps to decrease the size of the various
documentation pages). When I first got e3pi, I seem to
recall some problem caused by the decompression routine.
It wasn't tail, though; it was zlib or crypt or something
like that. So I switched to a different version which
does not use compression. Because of that my e3pi is
larger than yours: 12890 bytes