baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: Divide overflow

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: Divide overflow
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:23:29 +1300

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> We have ruined 5 or 6 previously perfect floppy disks,

As I said before, they are probably not ruined.

> We tried this. Same problem with MS DOS 6.22.

You put DOS 6.22 on the floppy (instead of bl2-fd.img) ?
And it still didn't work?

> Jim wonders why you did not make a full 4M RAM disk,
> but something just under that.

Because that is the space needed to reassemble part1 and part2.
I didn't want to run out of memory on computers with 8mb RAM.
Keep in mind that loadlin needs to make it's own 4mb ramdisk
and gunzip baslinux.gz into it. So we don't have a lot wriggle
room with 8mb RAM.

> I think he may make an 8M disk

Bad idea.

> so that people will stop asking why you don't make it larger.

Not a single person has asked me about the size of the DOS ramdisk.
You are confusing that DOS ramdisk with the ramdisk created by
loadlin. They are completely different.