baslinux - Re: [BL] Eznet for multiple internet connections

  • From: sheywood AT shentel.net
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Eznet for multiple internet connections
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 02:07:44 -0500

Last time you wrote:

> Lovely! Thanks! Apparently the two internet connections are both being
> plagued by the latest virus and one of them was also down for electrical
> updates over the weekend. I will report back only if this does not work.
>
> On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:
>
> > Sindi Keesan wrote:
> > >
> > > Is there some easy way to switch between two eznet.cfg
> > > files? What I did was create two with different names
> >
> > I think you can put both accounts into the same eznet.conf.
> > The number at the beginning of the line is the account label.
> > Your first account is account 0 (it is already marked with 0's).
> > So try putting in your second account with 1's in front.
> >
> > Then I think you do "eznet up 0" or "eznet up 1"

You think right!

I just tried it and it works. I now have my "eznet.conf" set up
for two differnent ISP's. I can select which of the two ISP's I
want to use sinply by typing "eznet up 0" or, alternatively,
"eznet up 1". Thanks! This is way cool!

> When exactly do I type this? I normally type ppp-on.
> Do I type ppp-on up 0 and ppp-on up 1 instead?
> Or actually type eznet rather than ppp-on (which we often forget and type
> without the hyphen like pppsetup).
>
> > Cheers,
> > Steven

Sam Heywood
-- Message handled by BasicLinux, v. 2.1
-- See "http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/baslinux/";