baslinux - Re: [BL] mounting partitions - problems?

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] mounting partitions - problems?
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 22:40:44 +1300

Sheldon Isaac wrote:

> Hi, I noticed that in the output of dmesg there are some warnings?
>
> EXT2-fs warning: maximal mount count reached, running e2fsck is recommended
> EXT2-fs warning: maximal mount count reached, running e2fsck is recommended
> EXT2-fs warning: maximal mount count reached, running e2fsck is recommended

In your /etc/fstab you are auto-mounting three ext2 partitions
(hda5, hda6 and hda7). It appears to me that your three warnings
are being generated by the mounting of those three partitions.

If it really is necessary to auto-mount those partitions at system
startup, then I suggest you let e2fsck auto-check those partitions
at system startup. You do that by making the last parameter a 1
instead of a zero.
/dev/hda5 /hd/lin2 ext2 rw 0 1
/dev/hda6 /hd/lin3 ext2 rw 0 1
/dev/hda7 /hd/lin4 ext2 rw 0 1

  • Re: [BL] mounting partitions - problems?, 3aoo-cvfd, 11/01/2003