baslinux - [BL] unsubscribed from basiclinux list

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] unsubscribed from basiclinux list
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 21:41:24 -0500 (EST)

Thanks to whoever unsubscribed me from the email list in early September
(when I was not very functional) before it filled my mailbox entirely. I
am feeling much better after four chemotherapy sessions, have 2-4 more to
go (with a very good chance of complete recovery), and plan to put
basiclinux, with some additional useful programs, on a pentium soon (which
I hope is not cheating). A friend just gave us six more pentiums, one of
them 500MHz with dead onboard sound, one dead CD-ROM drive..... Don't
need any of that for basiclinux.

My roommate is pushing for this after spending a week trying to get a
winmodem to work with three different sets of drivers. His software has
misidentified the modem as two things other than what are written on it.

I think we will give up on Win98 and instead set up linux with a repaired
33K external modem in a curbside find (dead video card, good onboard
video) 500 MHz Compaq computer which was cleverly designed so that you
cannot put ANY cards into ANY of the ISA slots unless you first remove the
slot covers because they hit the case.

Sindi Keesan

  • [BL] unsubscribed from basiclinux list, sindi keesan, 10/31/2003