baslinux - Re: [BL] say add-on

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] say add-on
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 20:58:40 +1200

cce AT volny.cz wrote:

> The first problem occurred with one of the sound modules.
> It needs the bare.i kernel from Slackware 7.1, because
> the bl-2.10 kernel does not want to install the module
> sound.o. An error-message tells you: "isa_dma_bridge_buggy".

The BL2 kernel was compiled without sound support.

> May be this can be corrected with the next compile of
> basiclinux kernel?

No. The BL2 kernel must be small (to work on systems with
8mb RAM). I will not be making it bigger. Users who need
more functionality should replace it (zimage) with the
bare.i kernel (bzimage) from Slackware 7.1.

> The packet includes a binary from the latest muLinux
> distribution. It is linked to libc.so.5 that is part
> of Slackware 7.1 distribution.

Slackware 7.1 normally uses libc.so.6. The libc5 package
is just there as an option (for people wanting to run old
binaries, like Netscape 3.04).

> Even with additional library and bare.i kernel 'say' does
> not work;

Did you execute 'ldconfig' after you installed the library?
It is needed to integrate the library into the system. pkg
(BL1) and installpkg (BL2) automatically run ldconfig when
they install a library package.

  • [BL] say add-on, cce, 08/26/2003
    • Re: [BL] say add-on, qwms-avib, 08/26/2003