baslinux - Re: [BL] AbiWord for BL1

  • From: "Krzysztof A. Suchecki" <christopher.suchecki AT wp.pl>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] AbiWord for BL1
  • Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 18:59:53 +0200

cce AT volny.cz wrote:

> On my BL1 & Slackware 3.5 system I one day applied some localization
> packets gained from Czech internet in an unexplainable and
> unreproducable way, and from that moment on everything works.

You don't have this package, do you?
I don't use X because I'm a console rat. :)

> I hope during these holidays I will be able to ask some Czech expert
> for his advice in view of Slackware 7.1.

As to my fuzzy knowledge about adding localization to X,
you need a font, keyboard layout and if your want all
Windows MAnager messages in Czech, also localization package for
i.e KDE. Keyboard layout is in general a problem, because
you can use either xmodmap, or XKB or sth else.
Just a fuzzy mess. :)

Chris