b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] verb form

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Daniel Lundsgaard Skovenborg <waldeinburg AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Rolf <rolf.furuli AT sf-nett.no>, B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] verb form
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 02:06:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

Jumping into a discussion in B-Hebrew and having an good overview of what have been said seems impossible, so if the following is totally irrelevant, I apologize:
Based on the examples you give (activities, achievements etc.) I think that the "situation aspects" or "procedural traits" is what is normally called "predicational aspect" or "lexical aspect" (or aktionsart, I thought, but Routledge Encyclopedia of Linguistics claims this is a mistake). This is a lexical-semantic category, so what is it doing in a discussion of verb forms?

Regards,
Daniel Lundsgaard Skovenborg