b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Can't find the root and meaning in the lexicon, any help?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Donald Vance <donaldrvance AT mac.com>
  • To: Yigal Levin <Yigal.Levin AT biu.ac.il>
  • Cc: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Can't find the root and meaning in the lexicon, any help?
  • Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 09:14:42 -0400

Actually I've done Mishna and Talmud at the University of Chicago and, again, I don't recall seeing this for roots. Jastrow doesn't do it nor does Segal. It's not even done in my three volume Modern Hebrew Dictionary. When I lived in Israel, I never saw it. So, Yigal, you're assumptions about my study were incorrect. It may be the tradition in Jewish circles, but it is not universal even there.

Donald R Vance
(Remembered!)
Sent from my iPhone