b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Andrason on panchrony in Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: Ken Penner <kpenner AT stfx.ca>
  • Cc: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Andrason on panchrony in Hebrew
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 14:22:26 -0700

Ken:

Thanks for posting. I found it interesting.

My one comment—it appears that he (Cook) starts with a model then massages the data to make it fit, instead of starting with the data and trying to infer the model from the data.

How many of us are guilty of the same error?

Secondly, how can one accurately place a gram on its evolutionary path, when one is not even sure of the gram’s meaning at any given time?

Yours, Karl W. Randolph.

Ps: what do you think of academia.edu as a publishing medium?