b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] בעדי

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lewis Reich" <LBR AT sprynet.com>
  • To: "'K Randolph'" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: 'b-hebrew' <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] בעדי
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 03:54:45 -0400

What I learned, Karl, was Biblical Hebrew, as we were studying the Torah, and we learned it by discussing it in Hebrew.  So we were learning both Biblical Hebrew and conversational Hebrew.  Since we learned the medieval commentaries, I suppose one might say that we learned medieval Hebrew as well.  They seemed to me far more alike than Shakespearean and modern English, as I’ve said,

Lewis Reich

lbr AT sprynet.com