b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Recreating the Origins of Language

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: Will Parsons <wbparsons AT alum.mit.edu>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Recreating the Origins of Language
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 08:19:54 -0500

I am sorry to say, but you are, following the fallacious and confused lead of the so
called Linguists, תועה בשדה roaming the fields. All you say, following the linguists
with their silly computer programs, is irrelevant to Hebrew. The situation in Hebrew
is obvious even without these parroting "computer programs".

1. First we observe that all the attachments אותיות השמוש to a Hebrew word are
adhered distinct words, namely,ZE, $E, LE, BE KE.

2. All other attachments are personal pronouns for an act (in a verb) or for a thing (in a noun).

3. The insertions U and I (as well as E and O), essentially HU and HI, are likewise
personal pronouns.

4. Stripped of these, the Hebrew word reveals its bare root (root!).

5. Take, for instance, the root GML (or GAMAL, with an A added so that the root my be sounded).
Examining all Hebrew roots (as I did in my book: the Analytic and Synthetic Etymology of the Hebrew Language)
one realizes that the root itself is a composition of more fundamental elements, or building blocks.
These are existence markers and a plurality marker (as are the English: be, is, on, are, all, of, at, etc.).

6. Namely, the root GAMAL consists by itself of the combination of the single consonant
roots GA-AM-AL. In this, GA is the essence of גאה GAAH, MA is the essence of מאה MAAH,
and AL (or LA) is the essence of עלה ALAH, or לאה LAAH. The beast גמל GAMAL
is thus "the massive and lofty thing".

7 Enters reason, understanding, imagination, as well as shared experience, and extends
the root to kindred images, both tangible and abstract. Thus, from GML Hebrew generated
also גמול GAMUL, 'developed, weaned', and גמול GMUL, 'reward'.

8. Other languages or dialects may variously apply this root to similar situations. Say the
Arabic names GAMIL (JAMIL as they prefer to pronounce it) and GAMILAH, 'the beautiful,
the accomplishedthe ample and tall, the fully developed'.

9. Now that we have accomplished the reconstruction of Hebrew from its elementary constituents
we have reached the very essence of the language; this is the very "proto" language. There can be
nothing more "proto" than this.

Isaac Fried, Boston University