b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] More on biblical theophric names

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Rolf" <rolf.furuli AT sf-nett.no>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] More on biblical theophric names
  • Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 07:50:30 +0100

Dear Uri,

A source that should not be overlooked is: J.D. Fowler, "Theophoric Personal
Names in Ancient Hebrew: A Comparative Study," Journal for the Study of the
Old Testament, Supplement series 49. Sheffieød: Sheffield University Press.
1988. Fowler does not directly address the issue you mention, but her
statistics are interesting.

Best regards,

Rolf Furuli
Stavern