b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] context

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Michael Abernathy <mabernathy AT conwaycorp.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] context
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 18:08:11 -0600

As a result of the recent dialogue with Karl on Deuteronomy 32:43, I would like to ask a question.  Karl insists that we take  כפר as a noun because of context.  No offense to Karl but I find that most people are pretty choosy about picking the evidence that supports their interpretation when they argue from context.  So here is my question, what linguistic tools do you prefer for studying context?  Personally, I prefer propositional analysis to sentence outlines.

Sincerely,
Michael Abernathy