b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] sullam

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Nir cohen - Prof. Mat." <nir AT ccet.ufrn.br>
  • To: JimStinehart AT aol.com,b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] sullam
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 11:18:35 -0300

uri, isaac, david,
just for clarification, when i say "source" i dont mean "etymology". i mean an earlier, simpler word/phoneme which gave way to a newer word
(within evolutive linguistics). here i was addressing what jim has started the thread with: a hurrian source for the hebrew word SULLAM.
it seems that jim's own analysis provides an akkadian source:
>> jim:  ...Akk. simmiltu
see also p. 19 of shaul bar's "a letter that has not been read" p 19
http://books.google.com.br/books?id=zs3gup4iFu4C&pg=PA19&lpg=PA19&dq=akkadian+simmiltu&source=bl&ots=k18EFJ_h5o&sig=Up7so2Ynh5XdS4LmPc9V_zxX_sk&hl=pt-BR&sa=X&ei=5ry4UK_7MZGG9gT90YHACQ&ved=0CDEQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=akkadian%20simmiltu&f=false

nir cohen

 On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 17:22:57 -0500 (EST), JimStinehart wrote