b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Ancient armor?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Ancient armor?
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 11:03:23 -0700

Dear All:

While reading Job 15:20–35, a section dealing with the wicked shaking his hand at God, I noticed that verses 26–7 seem to indicate that the wicked are like a warier suited in armor on the attack.

Starting in 26 צואר CW)R referring to shoulder protection?
Continuing with the thickness of the shield.

Verse 27 חלב XLB some sort of face protection?
finishing with פימה PYMH some protection for the torso, breastplate?

What do we know about ancient armor that could throw more light on these possible understandings?

Karl W. Randolph.

  • [b-hebrew] Ancient armor?, K Randolph, 10/25/2012