b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Heth/X Is Not a Hebrew Suffix

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Kirk Lowery <Kirk AT GrovesCenter.org>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Heth/X Is Not a Hebrew Suffix
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 21:07:37 +0200

On 10/23/2012 05:21 PM, JimStinehart AT aol.com wrote:
10e43.4bff06c.3db80ff2 AT aol.com" type="cite">
I am trying to confirm that heth/X is never used as a suffix in west Semitic Biblical names and non-loanwords in Biblical Hebrew.  Heth/X can appear at the end of a name or word in Hebrew, but it’s always as an integral part of the root, never as a suffix.
To my knowledge, the consonant never occurs in the semitic languages as an inflectional morpheme. It is always part of a lexical stem or root.

--
Blessings,
Kirk