b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] beginning or end?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Nir cohen - Prof. Mat." <nir AT ccet.ufrn.br>
  • To: Oun Kwon <kwonbbl AT gmail.com>,K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] beginning or end?
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 13:39:12 -0200

oun,

you might be correct that "VEELE TOLDOT..." in gen
10:1 is a summary of previous chapters (though i have my doubts
since i think there are further biblical examples with
"veele shmot/veele toldot etc").

still, VAYIVALDU LAHEM... is clearly a title for gen:10.

i also agree that the editing may be late. but i was referring to the
text as it stands. this is all we have.

nir cohen

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 22:48:06 -0500, Oun Kwon wrote