b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] חוג circle / sphere

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: David Kolinsky <hadeesh AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] חוג circle / sphere
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 08:59:24 -0700 (PDT)

George,

Not that I want to agree or disagree on the Circle / Sphere issue. But I did
want to give the following input:

KNP (wing) is related to KNS (to enter), KNN (to wind around), KN\ (to
humble,
oppress), and Kinereth which all mean "to draw inward" and does not
necessarily
imply edge.

QTsH (end) comes from the word QTsTs meaning "to cut off" and does imply
"edge". But QTsTs comes from QTsH whose paal verb means "to scrape (back)" a
verb derived from QWTs "to loathe" literally meaning "to retract away from."

Thanks,
David Kolinsky
Monterey, CA