b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] (no subject)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Philip Hardy" <technologist1 AT gmx.us>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] (no subject)
  • Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 01:00:02 -0400

Hello. My Name is Philip A. Hardy. I have noticed that in most instance in
the King James Bible where The word BAAL is or any english word(s) that
derived from the same Hebrew word that BAAL derived from, namley בעל, the
original Hebrew almost always has "הבעל". This I believe is best conveyed or
rendered in Enlish as "the owner", "the husband", "the master", or "the
lord". Now where is found היהוה only once and possibly could be be tranlated
"he the life", conversley is found הבעל thirty eight times. Now if הבעל can
be translated "the lord" and the name "יהוה" is not transliterated as is
"בעל" but is (mis)translated as "The Lord" and Certain persons choose not to
"proclaim the name" or "Publish the name" as the word says we should, then
could it be that This is a fulfillment of the prophecy found in JER 23:26-27
"Jer 23:26 How long shall [this] be in the heart of the prophets that
prophesy lies? yea, [they are] prophets of the deceit of their own heart;Jer
23:27 Which think to cause my people to forget my name by their dreams which
they tell every man to his neighbour, as their fathers have forgotten my name
for Baal. wherein BAAL is really הבעל "The Lord" or "...as their fathers have
forgotten my name for "The Lord"." Any insight, conveyed musings, or
constructive criticisms would be welcome. Good Day Philip Hardy

  • [b-hebrew] (no subject), Philip Hardy, 08/03/2012