b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] how to cite non-English on this list

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: Will Parsons <wbparsons AT alum.mit.edu>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] how to cite non-English on this list
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 20:09:03 -0700

Will:

Should not the question be, who on this list is still tied to a mail server
that cannot present UTF-8 encoding?

I originally switched to gmail because the mail service I was using could
show unicode, but not allow me to send same. Today it is UTF-8 compliant.
All the email servers that I know of are UTF-8 compliant. So are there any
members of this list who cannot receive and/or send unicode?

If everyone can receive and send unicode, is there any reason to continue
the transcription scheme?

Karl W. Randolph.