b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Mishkan

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: Yigal Levin <Yigal.Levin AT biu.ac.il>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Mishkan
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 15:22:41 -0700

Yigal:

Your question was, “So the question is, does anyone know of any other place
in the Bible in
which the noun mishkan is used to refer to a human dwelling?” In each of
the verses I referenced, it is used to refer to human dwellings.
Unquestionably human dwellings.

The very nature of your question means that most of the answers will be
part of a genitive construct, not absolute form.

It doesn’t matter that some of the references are in poetry, the question
was if משכן refers to human dwellings, and the answer is affirmative.

Karl W. Randolph.