b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Blau - Phonology and Morphology of Biblical Hebrew; An Introduction

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Blau - Phonology and Morphology of Biblical Hebrew; An Introduction
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 23:36:02 +0000

I know of no Copernican Revolution in our knowledge of Hebrew that relegates
Blau's work to the Ptolomaic scrap heap.

Yes, Blau's work is worth the money and effort. Get it. Read it. Learn. You
don't need to agree with everything you read in order to learn from it. In
fact, I learn a lot from engaging with those with whom I end up disagreeing.

Of course, if one wants to judge the book before you've read it, go ahead.
But I pity such epistemic folly and cannot really take seriously such ones as
demonstrate that deplorable attitude, building their castles on sand.

GEORGE ATHAS
Director of Postgraduate Studies

On 01/01/2012, at 4:07 AM, "K Randolph"