b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ps 45:8 mini

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: steve AT voiceinwilderness.info
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ps 45:8 mini
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 06:48:10 +0100

Firstly, Steve, the verse is 9 and not 8.
Secondly, "min:y" here has nothing to do with, say, "min:y" in Is 22:4,
where it equals "min", a preposition.
Thirdly, I think it is difficult to get another *sensible* way to
translate...
Fourthly, a Hebrew sentence can end with a preposition, yes. But... this
preposition must include a personal suffix.

Kind regards

Pere Porta