b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Derivation pattern?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: leonard book <lbook AT 013net.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Derivation pattern?
  • Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 13:34:26 +0200

It would be helpful for those of us - or maybe it is just myself, who are/is
not so professional at Hebrew grammar, and wishes to learn more through
b-hebrew, if b-hebrew members would vocalize their Hebrew words. As one who
reads with the Ashkenaz pronunciation, i.e. KoMeTZ = 'O', I read Est.8:5 as
'KoSher' and not KaSHeR. Therefore to thousands of Jews ‘KoSHeR’ is an
accepted vocalization.

Leonard E. Book