b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ma- / Me- / Mi-

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ma- / Me- / Mi-
  • Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 08:31:52 -0800

Pere:

I don’t have a pointed text with me, so I can’t do the research that I
mention now.

Check to see if there are patterns depending on the following consonant?
Are the majority of those that start with Ma- connected with certain
following consonants, that are different from those starting with Me-, and
so forth? That maybe your answer.

You can ignore theories based on etymologies, as there are no evidences to
back them up. I ignore them.

Karl W. Randolph.