b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] benot cenaan

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Uzi Silber <uzisilber AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Nir cohen - Prof. Mat." <nir AT ccet.ufrn.br>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] benot cenaan
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 11:41:56 -0400

Nir,

1) I like the idea of explaining the delineating of boundaries through
such stories. In fact it has precedents -- take the story of Abraham
and Lot which served to demarcate the boundary -- essentially the
Jordan River -- between the future Israelites on one hand and
Moav/Amon on the other

The dominance idea I believe was put out before, but I dont know by
whom. As an aside, that none of the main characters in the torah are
eldest sons is purposeful subversiveness.

Uzi Silber