b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Does the Name Caleb Mean "Dog"? Not.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Does the Name Caleb Mean "Dog"? Not.
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 06:08:30 +0000

Jim, you said you would show "7 items of hard evidence". But reading what you
presented, you are mistaking "hard evidence" here for your tentative
conclusions. Your imaginative synthesis is not data and, therefore, should
not be treated as such. This is just not how logical, reasoned scholarship
operates. I'm sorry, but this theory is still very much in the realm of
fantasy. There is no "hard evidence" to convince me about it.

GEORGE ATHAS
Director of Postgraduate Studies,
Sydney, Australia