b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Caleb

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: kenneth greifer <greifer AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Caleb
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 03:08:47 +0000

Jim,

Is there even a one in a billion chance that the word Caleb in Hebrew did not
mean "dog", but had other vowels? Maybe it was a name that was spelled with
the same consonants, but different vowels. Who knows for sure?

In English, Dg (without the vowels) could be "Dog" or "Doug" if it was a
man's name. Maybe Caleb is like that. Maybe the prophetess Huldah or whatever
her name was didn't mean "rat" or "mole" but was pronounced differently too.
I am just guessing.

Anyway, I like your way of confidently proclaiming new ideas as right because
that seems to get responses from the scholarly community on B-Hebrew. I might
try that with my own postings from now on. They say they don't like it, but
they answer you, so it must push their buttons somehow.

Kenneth Greifer
author of the site http://www.messianicmistakes.com/
where you can see how wrong university scholars are about many quotes with
pinpoint accuracy or something like that. (I have to practice your style a
little more.) I am also too lazy to look up scholars to quote and then say
they are wrong.